We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
I really like stuffed peppers, but especially with minced chicken breast meat. My boys didn't want to see stuffed peppers on the table. This year I tried for the first time to boil them in tomato juice and they came out very good. Hello. My boys who didn't want to eat, they asked too. They smelled so good in the kitchen, probably from tomato sauce and rosemary. So my peppers had a big effect and my boys ate.
- 8-10 more fleshy green peppers.
- 1 kg of lean chicken meat, without skin and without bone (I put 3 chicken breasts).
- 1 cup Basmati-Harj rice (selected rice).
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes in tomato broth.
- 1 liter of tomato juice.
- freshly ground pink pepper,
- tarragon and green rosemary from own harvest.
Preparation time: less than 90 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Stuffed peppers boiled in tomato juice .:
We clean the bell pepper from the seeds, after we cut the lid very carefully. We will use that lid to boil the peppers, as a lid. robot. In the minced meat we add a cup of rice (about 6 or 7 tablespoons of rice), the above mentioned spices, but this time we put some green rosemary leaves, finely chopped, to give it a flavor We washed the rice beforehand and let it drain in a strainer. We put the stuffed peppers in the pan in which we will boil them and we will add 1 liter of tomato juice, and on top we will put the chopped tomatoes in the juice. of tomatoes. We will put the pan in the oven for at least 90 minutes on low heat. The sauce must decrease, and by boiling this sauce will thicken and the peppers will have a special taste. The stuffed pepper can be served with sour cream, yogurt or a thicker whipped milk. Enjoy !!!
Peppers stuffed with meat
Peppers stuffed with meat, that's what mom had to tell us and we were already rushing into the kitchen to see how long it would take for us to sit down at the table. The other day I was lucky enough to find some medium peppers, perfectly suitable for the recipe for stuffed bell peppers. I also went to the butcher's and bought not very greasy pork, chopped on the spot, and, a few hours after I returned home, my kitchen was invaded by the unmistakable aroma of stuffed peppers.
My father was a fan of fasting peppers stuffed with rice, carrots, onions and mushrooms, but my brother and I were looking for stuffed meat. Mommy used pork for peppers, sometimes combining it with minced beef, important for this recipe is not to use very fatty meat, the proportion would be somewhere at 80% meat and 20% fat for some tasty stuffed peppers.
The pepper recipe with sauce is very simple, it is important to use the best quality ingredients. I do not recommend you to buy already minced meat, it is best to buy fresh meat and chop it at home or ask it to be minced on the spot, so we know exactly what we put in our stuffed peppers. Bell peppers must be medium, if you have them in the garden or you find them in the market, you are more than lucky, they will surely have an absolutely wonderful taste.
Stuffed Peppers & # 8211 Ingredients (7 Medium Fat Peppers)
- 600 g minced pork, not very fatty
- 7 medium bell peppers
- 1 medium white onion
- 50 g rice with round grain + 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon grated chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon small pepper
Stuffed pepper sauce & # 8211 Ingredients
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1 small white onion
- 100 ml of tomato juice
- 400-500 ml of water
Peppers stuffed with meat & # 8211 Preparation
Here is my mother-in-law's first secret for meat peppers.
- Put the rice in a small saucepan, add 4 tablespoons of water and simmer on low heat for about 1 minute, or until the rice absorbs all the water (about 1 minute). Then turn off the heat and let it cool.
- If we follow this advice, the rice in the composition of the peppers will boil faster and will keep its shape. It's a great trick! You can also use it for sarmale, in cabbage leaves or beef leaves and for other stuffed vegetables.
- Put the minced meat in a bowl, add the onion, dill and parsley, finely chopped, cold rice, salt and pepper to taste. Knead until you get a compact composition.
- We cut the lid with peppers, we clean them of seeds and ribs. We wash them and place them on a grill, with the cut side down, to drain well.
The second secret, my mother's, is to make a small incision in the bottom of the peppers. In this way, the sauce enters the lower part of the peppers, so the meat and rice boil faster and evenly.
Stuffed pepper ingredients:
- 10-12 bell peppers, of medium size (7-8 cm. Length)
- 700 grams of minced meat, I use in the mixture, ½ pork, ½ beef, I even used chicken or turkey for. that, unlike stuffed cabbage, I don't like stuffed peppers
- 1-2 onions
- ½ glass of rice (75-80 ml, ie about 40-50 grams) with round grain
- ½ dill connection
- ½ Bunch of parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet or hot paprika (optional, I put it for color and flavor)
- 150 grams of mashed tomatoes or 100 ml. of broth
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- optional: 1 whole egg or just 1 egg yolk, works very well and without
- 3 bay leaves
- sauce: 250 ml. of concentrated tomato broth, 3 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons flour, bay leaf, salt, pepper, sugar
Preparation of stuffed peppers:
First of all, let me introduce you to the peppers, they come from my own garden, they are not exactly calibrated (some smaller, others more chubby) and almost all of them are a bit bigger than my preferences when it comes to stuffed peppers, but beautiful and healthy.
1. First of all, remove the seeds from the peppers, clean them as much as possible of the ribs inside and wash them well, then let them drain with the opening down.
2. Put the minced meat in a bowl (as I told you, I also used beef and pork).
3. Finely chop the onion and add it over the meat. Add the washed and drained rice, salt, pepper, paprika, tomato paste and chopped greens. Do not neglect the greens, they will bring freshness to this summer dish. If you decide to use it, add the whole egg or the yolk. The egg definitely has a role in linking the composition of meat and rice, but it will also strengthen it a little. If you want a softer composition, use only the yolk or do not lay eggs at all.
4. Mix all very well, until a homogeneous composition is obtained.
5. The composition of meat and rice is stuffed in stuffed peppers, without filling them completely (keep in mind that the rice will swell when boiled). Optionally, we can cover the peppers with a "lid" of a small tomato.
6. Arrange the peppers in a suitable pot, with the opening upwards. Separately, boil about 1 liter and a half of water. When the water boils, pour carefully over the peppers in the pot, so that there is only enough water to cover the peppers. Sprinkle a pinch of salt, add the bay leaves and put the pot on the fire.
To keep the peppers in a fixed place under boiling water, I usually place a plate on top of them.
Other Minced Meat Recipes:
Marinated meatball recipe
Sarmale recipe with sweet cabbage
Meatballs in tomato sauce with basil
7. When the water boils, add the mashed tomatoes or broth. Boil the peppers over a low heat for 1 hour & # 8211 1 hour 1/2, enough to cook the meat and boil the rice.
8. Some options recommend boiling peppers directly in tomato sauce (at Dana you can find such a recipe). I don't do that because here, at my home, everyone has their own tastes. If my husband and I like peppers stuffed with tomato sauce, my daughter, on the other hand, prefers to eat them with a tablespoon of sour cream.
In addition, I find it easier to keep and reheat in my own & # 8222soup & # 8221 in which they boiled, because stuffed peppers are one of the foods that are highly recommended to prepare in large quantities and keep in the refrigerator. for the second or even the third day. Then, as if the appearance is more pleasant, they can be arranged more nicely on the plate, so I make the sauce separately.
9. For the sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan and add the flour. Quick mixture so that the oil is incorporated into the flour, without browning. Immediately pour over, little by little and stirring continuously, 250 ml. from the soup in which they boiled the hot peppers.
10. It will boil and thicken immediately. Add the broth (it is good to use a very concentrated one) and mix very well, then add the bay leaf. Boil the sauce for 4-5 minutes on low heat, then adjust the taste with salt, pepper and sugar (about 2 teaspoons of sugar, enough to balance the acidity of the tomatoes).
Place the hot stuffed peppers on the plate and sprinkle with the hot sauce.
If you are interested, discover a recipe for Fasting Stuffed Peppers:
Did you like this recipe?
Stuffed peppers, boiled in tomato sauce
8-10 greener peppers., 1 kg lean chicken, skin and boneless (I put chicken breast)., 1 cup Basmati-Harj rice (selected rice). Tomatoes., 1 liter of tomato juice, salt, freshly ground pink pepper, tarragon and green rosemary from their own harvest.
Difficulty: Average | Time: 1h 45 min
Ingredients for stuffed peppers in the oven
Of course, the complex taste of this dish is perfect for the minced meat we use and the spices used. Probably every housewife has a recipe for stuffing inherited from the family, similar to that of sarmale. I prefer to buy pieces of meat (pork and beef or just pork) that I can chop at home. The minced meat must be fatter (be it the pulp but also the neck or the pork breast) to obtain an airy and juicy filling. This is also true of sarmale, meatballs or small homemade.
In addition, I add onions, rice, salt, pepper, dried thyme and chopped greens: dill and green parsley. A little sweet paprika gives a more pleasant color to the filling. The rice for meat fillings is one with a round grain and boils quickly. It is compared to 10% of meat: that is, to 500 g of meat we put 50 g of rice.
You can also use chicken, boneless and minced meat at home & # 8211 see the recipe here.
I cook it for 1-2 minutes together with the onion until it becomes glassy and it is impregnated with the surrounding flavors. The rice should NOT be boiled (not even half) before mixing with the minced meat! During cooking, it will absorb water from the meat and the surrounding water from the sauce, binding the filling but also the sauce.
I don't thicken the tomato sauce with flour and I make it from homemade tomato juice (see recipe here) or from passata to box or bottle.
From the quantities below results 5-6 stuffed peppers in the oven, depending on their size. Mine had approx. 8-9 cm long and about 6 wide. Each medium pepper contains about 100 g of filling (meat, rice, onions, spices).